Sign In

GLOBAL VISION

​​​DYNAMIC STRUCTURE
SUSTAI​NABLE GROWTH​​

GLOBAL PRESENCE

​​SALES IN 150 COUNTRIES
44 PRODUCTION PLANTS
IN 13 COUNTRIES​

OVER 21.000 PEOPLE

​​​​ONE BIG​
GLOBAL FAMILY​

80 YEARS OF EXPERTISE

​​​MOVING FORWARD
TOWARDS ​TOP THREE IN
​THE GLOBAL GLASS INDUSTRY​

Şişecam Group

Şişecam<br /><b>Corporate</b><br /><b>Movie</b> ​​​

 

 

Şişecam opens two new production plants in Tatarstan with an investment of USD 310 millionSisecam_invests-in_TatarstanŞişecam opens two new production plants in Tatarstan with an investment of USD 310 millionŞişecam Group, has lastly invested in the Republic of Tatarstan in the Russian Federation in accordance with the Group's vision of ranking among the top three global manufacturers.
The Şişecam Group Rewards Its "Stars"the-sisecam-group-rewardThe Şişecam Group Rewards Its "Stars"Awards Go To 44 Projects Of Employees In 13 Countries In The "Şişecam Parade Of Stars"
Şişecam Group And P-D Group Announce Commencing Discussions For A Possible Partnershipsisecam-group-and-p-d-group-announce-commencingŞişecam Group And P-D Group Announce Commencing Discussions For A Possible PartnershipŞişecam Group and P-D Group announce commencing discussions for a possible partnership to build a new glass fiber plant in Turkey.

Şişecam Çayırova Sports Club

​since 1984

Supporting

​recycling society​

Kazanlı Sea Turtle population

​under Şişecam protection

1934

Atatürk obtained a Council of Ministers decision to entrust Isbank with the establishment of the Turkish Glass Industry. The Founding Decree of Paşabahce Glass Plant  and Ataturk’s reply to the invitation in telgraph

1935

The Paşabahçe Glass Plant began production with a workforce of 400 personnel.

1936

The Paşabahçe Glass Plant became capable of meeting the country’s entire bottle and glassware demand by the end of the first year, with a production of 3000 tons.

1946

The Paşabahçe Glass Plant acquired six single-handed bottle machines from Hanrez of Belgium.

1948

Two Skoda brand bottle production machines were imported from Czechoslovakia for use in the Paşabahçe Glass Plant.

1954

4 IS automatic production machines (5000 tons/year) were brought to the Paşabahçe Glass Plant under the Marshall Plan.

1955

Mechanical production began at the Paşabahçe Glass Plant.

1957

Paşabahçe participated for the first time in the Izmir International Fair.

1958

The first bottle export to Cyprus.

1959

The foundations of the Çayırova Glass Plant were laid.

1960

Marmara Limestone and Dolomite Enterprise was established.

1961

The Çayırova Glass Plant was commissioned and started to manufacture window glass by using the “Fourcoult” system with an annual production of 19,000 tons of flat glass.

1963

The mechanical press was used for the first time at the Paşabahçe Glass Plant.

1966

The “TACAM” (Turkish-German Glass Industry) Plant was established under Turkish-German (Schott) cooperation with the purpose of manufacturing neutral glass pipes and laboratory apparatus.

1967

The foundations for the Topkapı Glass Plant were laid.

1968

The Çayırova Glass Plant began producing automobile glass.

1969

The Topkapı Glass Plant began producing bottles and jars. Bottle production in the Paşabahçe Glass Plant was transferred to the Topkapı Plant.

1970

Camiş Makina ve Kalıp Sanayii AŞ began producing molds used in the production of glass packaging and glassware as well as the manufacturing various machinery and spare parts.

1971

Cam Elyaf Sanayii AŞ was established with the purpose of manufacturing glass tissue, bitumen sheets, and glass-fiber reinforced materials.

1972

Paşabahçe took a step forward on the issue of fairs, which were deemed to be the most effective means of publicity at the time, and took part in eight fairs by constructing special pavilions.

1973

Anadolu Cam Sanayii AŞ began producing flat glass and bottles.

1974

Cam İşleme Tesisi (glass processing plant) was founded to produce tempered glass and mirrors.

1975

Anadolu Cam Sanayii AŞ was incorporated into Şişecam Group.

1976

The Research Center was established to carry out corporate R&D work.

1977

License agreement was signed with Pilkington for the production of float glass.

1978

Çayırova İnce Öğütme (fine grinding plant) was established for the production of glass fiber raw materials.

1979

Kromsan (Chromium Chemicals Plant) was established.

1980

Sinop Cam Sanayii AŞ was founded in Sinop with the purpose of producing handmade glass and crystal glass.

1981

Trakya Cam Sanayii AŞ commissioned a plant in Lüleburgaz, the first to be using the modern float technology in glass production in East Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East, and North Africa.

1982

The first headlamp glass was produced at Teknik Cam.

1983

Cam Elyaf Sanayii AŞ announced its new focus to be on exports.

1984

Production begun in Kırklareli Cam Sanayii was commissioned to produce glassware using automated machines and soda glass.

1985

The first “Symposium on Glass Problems” was organized.

1986

Kromsan Krom Bileşikleri Plant merged with Soda Sanayii AŞ.

1987

The NNPB process was used for the first time at Anadolu Cam Sanayii AŞ.

1988

The first H28 machine made in Turkey by Camiş Makina Kalıp Plant was commissioned in Paşabahçe.

1989

The production of insulating glass, mirrors, and tempered glass began.

1990

The first forehearth was commissioned at Kırklareli Cam, where automatic production of stemmed glasses began as well as the use of warehouse barcode for products for the first time.

1991

Trakya Cam manufactured tinted (bronze and fume colored) glass for the first time.

1992

The Flatglass Business organized a competition entitled “Mirror and Space.”

1993

Trakya Otocam Plant was commissioned, producing the first laminated windscreen.

1994

Paşabahçe began centrifugally moulded production using a fully automated machine made in Turkey.

1995

Mersin Maden plant was incorporated into Camiş Madencilik and began production.

1996

Kırklareli Cam Sanayii AŞ and Paşabahçe Tic.Ltd. Şti. were incorporated into Paşabahçe Cam Sanayii AŞ and Paşabahçe’s automatic glassware production at Beykoz, Kırklareli, and Mersin plants as well as the marketing and sales activities were brought together under the same roof.

1997

The Kırklareli Plant began automatic production using carbon moulds.

1998

The Georgian Mina Plant acquired as part of the privatization efforts was commissioned with a capacity of 20,000 tons/year.

1999

Oxyvit Kimya Sanayii AŞ began production and made its first export.

2000

At the Soda Plant, the extension investment of 2000 tons was commissioned, as was the new steam boiler no. 4, which was part of energy investments.

2001

Makine Kalıp, a Glass Packaging business subsidiary manufacturing moulds, signed a partnership agreement with OMCO, Belgium. The newly founded company was named OMCO Istanbul.

2002

The first furnace of the Ruscam Gorohovets Plant, with a capacity of 90,000 tons/year, was commisioned with the purpose of meeting the demand for high quality beer bottles of the Russian Federation’s ever growing beer market.

2003

The the Ruscam Gorohovets Plant received an extension investment and a second furnace with a capacity of 110,000 tons/year was commissioned.

2004

The Pokrovsky Plant, with a capacity of 80,000 tons/year, was acquired during the first half of 2004 in order to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the dynamic structure of the Russian market.

2005

The first foreign prestige shop of Paşabahçe Mağazaları was opened in Moscow.

2006

The first furnace of Anadolu Cam Yenişehir Sanayii AŞ Bursa Plant was fired.

2007

Cam-Ser Madencilik AŞ was incorporated into Şişecam Chemicals Business.

2008

The opening ceremony of Şişecam Yenişehir Glass Complex was held with the participation of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Prime Minister of Turkey.

2009

Trakya Cam and Saint- Gobain signed a memorandum of understanding to jointly develop their flat glass activities in Egypt and Russia.

2010

Şişecam celebrated its 75th anniversary.

2011

The opening ceremony of Trakya Glass Bulgaria EAD Automotive Glass Plant was held with the participation of B. Borisov, Prime Minister of Bulgaria.

2012

Soda Sanayi AŞ Chromic Acid, White Sodium Sulphate and Oxygen Plant was commissioned.

2013

The second furnace of Bulgaria EAD Glassware Plant in Bulgaria was commissioned.

2014

Automotive Glass Alliance Rus ZAO automotive glass plant was commissioned in Tatarstan.

2015

Soda Lukavac Plant in Bosnia Herzegovina reached a capacity of 500.000 tons/year with the additional capacity investments.

2016

Electricity Production from Waste Heat Recovery facility was put into operation at Trakya Cam Sanayii A.Ş. Mersin Flat Glass Plant.

History

  • 1934
  • 1935
  • 1936
  • 1946
  • 1948
  • 1954
  • 1955
  • 1957
  • 1958
  • 1959
  • 1960
  • 1961
  • 1963
  • 1966
  • 1967
  • 1968
  • 1969
  • 1970
  • 1971
  • 1972
  • 1973
  • 1974
  • 1975
  • 1976
  • 1977
  • 1978
  • 1979
  • 1980
  • 1981
  • 1982
  • 1983
  • 1984
  • 1985
  • 1986
  • 1987
  • 1988
  • 1989
  • 1990
  • 1991
  • 1992
  • 1993
  • 1994
  • 1995
  • 1996
  • 1997
  • 1998
  • 1999
  • 2000
  • 2001
  • 2002
  • 2003
  • 2004
  • 2005
  • 2006
  • 2007
  • 2008
  • 2009
  • 2010
  • 2011
  • 2012
  • 2013
  • 2014
  • 2015
  • 2016