Vacuum Coating Technologies
With aiming for new and innovative products, research and development activities are being held for functional coatings using sputtering technique in vacuum environment in which the materials to be coated are sputtered by plasma ions in atomic scale. Within this scope, in parallel with today’s awareness of energy conservation, development of passive and dynamic light and heat control coatings is processed and developed products are transferred to the production lines.
Areas of Interest
Passive Light and Heat Control Coatings for Architectural and Automotive Purposes:
- Development of light and heat control coatings with high selectivity that perform for comfort and energy conservation regarding the regional climate conditions.
- Development of temperable multifunctional coatings that will provide comfortable, safe and aesthetic conditions for increased amount of glazing systems regarding larger surface areas at longer-range heights day by day.
- Development of bendable coatings for automotive industry in order to serve for energy conservation, comfort and aestheticism.
Dynamic heat and energy control systems
- Regarding the global energy conservation, electrochromic coatings by which the light and energy transimttance can be adjusted by the effect of applied current and thermochromic coatings which are adjustable by means of heat effect are being developed in order to provide the most desired adaptation to variable climate conditions.
- The wide range usage of transparent conductive oxide coating including solar cells, touch screens, electrochromic/thermochromic devices, automotive and aerospace applications, interference mirrors, and heatable glazings.
Atmospheric Coating Technologies
Atmospheric Coating Technologies encompasses various coating techniques under atmospheric pressure and/or atmospheric environment conditions. Techniques utilized are namely typical wet film application and curing/sintering, painting, pyrolytic and atmospheric chemical vapor deposition.
The coatings developed with Atmospheric Coating Technologies can be applied to all types of glass surfaces, such as flat glass, glass containers, glassware and glass fibers. Functional properties gained by the coatings adds value to glass.”
Study Areas :
- Antireflective coatings
- Coatings to improve the mechanical strength of the glass
- Hydrophobic & hydrophilic coatings
- Anti-fogging coatings
- Photocatalytic coatings
- UV protecting coatings
- Antibacterial coatings
- Solar control coatings
- Low-E coatings
- Transparent conducting coatings
- Polymeric electrochromic devices
- Ormosil paints
- Opaque paints
- Coating of glass fiber for composite ındustries
- Characterization, improvement and development studies of glass and modified (coatings, ion exchange, patterning, etc.) glass surface are conducted. Laboratory, pilot and production scale projects developed in this work frame can be given as following: Effect of bulk composition, production and forming processes on the properties of glass surface
- Glass corrosion
- Modification of glass surface by patterning, cleaning, dealkalization, flame polishing and ion exchange, ect.
- Characterization of chemical, physical, optical and nanomechanic properties of surfaces and interfaces and thin films,
- Definition of surface
requirements for substrate according to type of coating and the coating technique
- Effects of environmental and usage conditions (packaging, storage, washing, etc.) on glass and coatings